Job Role: Personal Assistant
Location: Dubai Internet City – Dubai
HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 74 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
Emiratis Only will be considered for this role
Applications for this vacancy will only be considered from UAE Nationals. We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop local talent seriously. If you meet the skills and requirements for this role but are not a UAE passport holder, you may search and apply for other vacancies in the MENA region at www.careers.middleeast.hsbc.com
· Provide a wide range of administrative and secretarial support activities to the UAE Head of Service Delivery, including maintaining the calendar for the UAE Head of Service Delivery, and Senior Managers, assisting with travel and visa arrangements, producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations, coordinating flight/tickets booking, responding to emails as appropriate, formatting and reviewing documents to be in compliance with organizational guidelines, and inform team members of needed actions.
· Prepare presentations for workshops
· Ensure management decisions and deliverables are properly carried out and deadlines are met; provide standard and customized reports for review and discussion, which include monthly progress reports of the work program and status of deliverables, and flag issues requiring management attention.
· Manage multiple electronic diaries; co-ordination of meetings involving both internal and external personnel.
· Organize and coordinate the logistics for staff meetings, retreats and internal and external events and follow-up to ensure that agreed actions are taken
· Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
· Co-ordinate and manage detailed, complex travel schedules and itineraries
· Schedule and coordinate management meetings/VCs/teleconferences globally
· Liaise with members of the senior management team
· Scrutinize all payments to be approved by Unit Heads
· Fully responsible for filing and archiving of documents, utilizing as appropriate, central filing resources and Group electronic filing/archiving systems in line with audit/compliance requirements
Experience & Skills
· Relevant experience working in an administrative or secretarial role supporting a manager or team
· Excellent planning and organizational skills with experience of working under pressure
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent keyboard, shorthand and audio skills
· Proven ability of using their initiative
· Advanced computer and IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
· Ability to priorities workload effectively
· Thorough understanding of bank and departmental procedures, functions and activities
· Experience of having worked in a Corporate environment