HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 74 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
Within the COO Structure, the Business Management area oversees the organizational and administration processes. This role will therefore support Business Manager, and in consequence the COO, to facilitate the development and creation of standardized processes and practices across the organisation structure, and ensure the smooth administration of MENA Risk to ensure the function operates efficiently and effectively.
Typically the role holder will interact and coordinate with the MENA Risk COO, MENA Risk Business Manager as well as Risk functional Business Managers, supporting all of the Risk functions.
Support Business Manager in implementing a consistent and effective approach to business management across the functional areas.
- Support Business Manager in ensuring the identification and implementation of best practice across the organisation to enable the highest operational standards.
- Support Business Manager in coordinating the COO requirements across the functional and country teams to meet all global processes and deadlines.
- Support the coordination of the MI & Governance processes for reporting to the MENA Risk Management Committee meetings.
- Support Business Manager in implementing the People Strategy in conjunction with MENA HR Business Partner.
- Support Business Manager in implementing communications plan in conjunction with MENA Communications Business Partner.
- Assist in preparation of internal presentations and updates.
- Support the effective management of the Emirati Risk Graduate Program.
- Assistance with events, team meetings.
- Keep up-to-date with latest employee communications techniques and approaches.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach, to execute processes at pace and with minimum conflict
- Ensuring that internal and external regulatory requirements are met
- Ensuring that the business operates using accepted industry – standard methodologies, practices, processes and principles
- Innovation and improvement of methodologies, through adoption of best practice and continued professional development and ensuring these meet required standards and regulations.
Experience & Qualifications
- University graduate
- Knowledge of the Risk Function would be beneficial
- Previous background of working in a matrix organisational structure
- Good interpersonal, planning and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Broad knowledge of financial services industry and global marketplace
- A strong team player
- Strong relationship management with a focus on financial and budget requirements. Able to work with individuals at different levels
The MENA Risk function comprises of over 750 FTE across the Risk functional areas (Risk Strategy, Wholesale Market Risk, Retail Risk, Operational Risk, Security & Fraud Risk and Compliance), supporting the Global Businesses (RBWM, CMB and GBM). Being the largest function in MENA, this scale requires a much greater level of oversight and management, and therefore necessitating the execution of the concept of ‘Running Risk like a business’. The development of the COO team within the Risk Function plays a key role in ensuring an efficient and connected organization.
We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop our talent seriously.
Joining HSBC will give you the chance to work in a collegiate, supportive and inclusive environment in which we seek to develop and promote people based on merit. We will provide you with tailored training and support to help you identify and follow your chosen career path, as well as access to a range of market-competitive benefits.
What to expect at HSBC
• The chance to realise your ambitions
• Globally connected careers
• A strong emphasis on values
• Learning and development opportunities
• An inclusive, meritocratic culture
• Market-competitive benefits
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips http://www.hsbc.com/careers